I've seen this all over the net these days, but I thought I was too far out on the fringes of the blogosphere to get tagged. Well whaddya know, Anthony just tagged me with the "5 things you don't know about me" meme .
Basically, the way this works is that someone "tags" you to blog about 5 things people may not know about you. Then you tag 5 other people to do the same thing.
So… here are 5 things you might not know about me:
- My first computer was a Timex/Sinclair 1000 , with the 16KB (that's KB, not MB) memory expansion pack. The first program I wrote for it was an Astrosmash clone. In BASIC, of course.
- I used to play rhythm guitar in local heavy metal band. Make that two local metal bands. I had long hair and everything. I still have the guitars.
- I have all of the original action figures for Star Wars from 1977-1980. I don't mean that I collected them recently, I mean that I still have them from when I got them as a kid. That includes their accessories. Thanks to my Mom for refusing to throw them away when I became a teenager.
- As a kid, I lived on Pensacola Naval Air Station for a couple of years. Pensacola NAS is the home of the Blue Angels. For a young boy, there is absolutely nothing cooler than watching the Blue Angels do practice flybys when you're playing outside the Officer's Quarters.
- I know Karate . Actually, two kinds . But it's been years since I practiced, so please don't try to beat me up. I'll just run away. Quickly.
So there ya go. And now to tag other people!